Full Guide on How to Disable Voicemail on Your iPhone
How to disable voicemail on your iPhone 13 - don't want it any longer. Is it an iPhone setup or a Vodaphone setup? Plus need to know how to turn it back on."
-- Apple Support Communities
The iPhone allows you to forward your calls to voicemail when you cannot pick up the call. This lets you listen to the callers’ messages when you get a chance. However, the feature is not for all users and you may not even need it. In that case, it is worth learning how to disable voicemail on iPhone so you can turn it off on your device.
There are multiple ways to disable voicemail on iPhone. You can either dial a number from your phone that will connect to your carrier and turn the service off for you, or you can reach out to the support team of your carrier and let them help you out.
- Part 1. How to Disable Voicemail on iPhone?
- Part 2. What If You Cannot Turn Off Voicemail on iPhone?
- Part 3. How to Disable the Voicemail Password on an iPhone?
- Part 4. How to Reactivate Voicemail on iPhone?
- One More Tip: How to Recover Lost Voicemail on iPhone?
Part 1. How to Disable Voicemail on iPhone?
The easiest way for how to turn off voicemail on iPhone is to use the dialing method that requires you to dial a number to disable the service on your phone.
Open the Phone app on your iPhone and dial the *#61# number.
- Note down the mailbox number you see on your screen.
Head to Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding on your iPhone and enable the feature.
Dial #004# from your phone and you will see the status. Then, tap on Dismiss.
That is how to turn off voicemail on iPhone 6/7/13 or any other iPhone model by dialing a number.
Part 2. What If You Cannot Turn Off Voicemail on iPhone?
In most cases, the above method should get the job done for you. However, if you are experiencing issues and you cannot turn the service off, you may need to reach out to your carrier's support team. The following are the phone numbers of various carriers' support departments.
- T-Mobile: 1-877-453-1304
- Verizon: 1-800-922-0204
- AT&T: 1-800-331-0500
- Sprint: 888-211-4727
When you get on the line with them, all you need to do is ask them to disable voicemail for your account and they will do it for you.
Part 3. How to Disable the Voicemail Password on an iPhone?
In order to protect your voicemail messages, your carrier actually provides you with a password. This way you need to enter this password each time you want to listen to your messages. If you no longer use the service, you do not need the password and so you may want to disable it.
The following are the steps for various carriers to turn off voicemail password on your iPhone.
Disable Voicemail Password on iPhone AT&T:
- Call your voice mailbox number.
- Press number 4 for Personal Options.
- Press 2 for Password Options.
- Press 2 and your password will be removed.
Disable Voicemail Password on iPhone Sprint:
- Access your voice mailbox on your iPhone.
- Choose Change Personal Options from the main menu.
- Choose Administrative Options.
- Enable the Skip Password option.
Disable Voicemail Password on iPhone T-Mobile:
- Open the Phone app on your iPhone.
- Dial #796# and it will let you disable your password.
Disable Voicemail Password on iPhone US Cellular:
- Dial your voicemail number.
- Press 4 for Personal Options.
- Press 4 once again.
- Press 2 to turn off the voicemail password.
Disable Voicemail Password on iPhone Verizon:
- Start to add a new contact to your iPhone.
- Enter 86 as the phone number and enter two commas.
- Enter your password and save the contact.
That is how to turn voicemail off on iPhone and its password.
Part 4. How to Reactivate Voicemail on iPhone?
If you followed one of the above methods for how to turn off visual voicemail on iPhone but you now wish to reactivate the service, there is an easy way to do it.
There are readymade numbers you can dial from the Phone app on your iPhone to enable the voicemail service on your device. Open the Phone app on your device, choose an appropriate number from the following, and dial it.
- AT&T: ##004#
- T-Mobile: ##004#
- Verizon: *73 (try *900 and then *920 if it does not work)
- US Cellular: *920
- Sprint: *730
One More Tip: How to Recover Lost Voicemail on iPhone?
If you end-up losing your voicemails as a result of any method, you can restore your backup and the voicemails will be restored. However, if you do not have a backup, UltData - iPhone Data Recovery is a perfect software when it comes to recovering data on iPhones, and you can use it to recover your voicemails as well. The following shows how to do it on your device.
- Install the software on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable and launch the software.
Connect your iPhone to your computer, launch the software, and click on Recover from iOS Device at the top.
You will now be able to select the content that is to be restored. Choose Voicemail from the options available on your screen and click on Start Scan.
Choose the voicemail items to be recovered. Click on Recover to Device to restore them to your iPhone.
That is how you regain access to your lost voicemail.
We hope our guide above for how to turn off voicemail on iPhone Verizon and other carriers teaches you how to activate and deactivate the voicemail feature on your iPhone. In case you end-up deleting your voicemail, the suggested software will help you retrieve deleted voicemail on iPhone without backup.